Read Also: Video: The moment Mourinho walks out of virtual press conference Both French finals will be at the 80,000-seat Stade de France in Paris. Maracineanu said the attendance limit would be reviewed on July 18 and would consider adjusting the limit so it was proportional with the size of the stadium. FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Promoted Content6 Interesting Ways To Make Money With A DroneThe Very Last Bitcoin Will Be Mined Around 2140. Read MoreCouples Who Celebrated Their Union In A Unique, Unforgettable Way7 Things That Actually Ruin Your Phone7 Mind-Boggling Facts About Black HolesA Hurricane Can Be As Powerful As 10 Atomic Bombs7 Universities In The World With The Highest Market ValueThis Guy Photoshopped Himself Into Celeb Pics And It’s HystericalThe Highest Paid Football Players In The WorldBest & Worst Celebrity Endorsed Games Ever MadeWho Is The Most Powerful Woman On Earth?7 Non-Obvious Things That Damage Your Phone Alan, 20, a student in Le Havre, who is a PSG fan, said it had been a dream to finally see his team in the flesh and he had not thought about the health risk. Unlike Germany, England, Italy and Spain, France abandoned its league season in the face of the coronavirus pandemic, but when the other four countries resumed their leagues, they did so behind closed doors. Although social distancing rules were in place, fans took a few liberties once they were in the 25,000-capacity Stade Ocean on Sunday. “It’s a bit like a return to normal life, even if there are some drastic conditions,” said Johan Vattier, president of Les Barbarians Havre, the club’s biggest supporters group. “We don’t give a damn about PSG, this match is first and foremost a way to get back together with our mates!” “It’s not easy for a group like ours to enforce the rules because we’re used to cramming together, but we’re going to try to respect them as much as possible,” he added. “We want to start next season with fans in the ground.” Paris Saint-Germain routed second division Le Havre in a friendly on Sunday remarkable not for the 9-0 score, but because it drew the biggest crowd for a match in one of Europe’s ‘Big Five’ football nations since early March. The French government relaxed the health protocols before the weekend to allow for a total attendance of 5,000, including players, journalists and staff, at games and while the match at Le Havre was not the first to be played, the others involved only lower-division clubs. For the game at Le Havre, the tickets, priced between 30 euros ($34) and 60 euros, sold out in six minutes. “It is a victory for French football, sport in general,” said outgoing Sports Minister Roxana Maracineanu who was at the match. “I am delighted that football in France can resume in a popular way, with more people in the stadiums. It is the only country in western Europe to be able to do this.” Loading… “When I saw that it was Paris, I didn’t even think about it,” he said. “Closed-door games on TV are boring.” On the field, Neymar and Mauro Icardi each scored twice and Kylian Mbappe once before PSG made 10 changes leading 5-0 at half time. Pablo Sarabia, with two, Idrissa Gueye and Arnaud Kalimuendo scored in the first 15 minutes of the second half to complete the rout as PSG started to warm up for a busy few weeks in late July and early August. “We are back! A friendly that feels like a final with a knot in my stomach,” Neymar wrote on Instagram before kick-off. PSG are due to play Saint-Etienne in the French Cup final on July 24 and Lyon in the French League Cup Ffinal on July 31 before resuming their Champions League campaign away to Atalanta on August 12.
Published on January 22, 2014 at 1:17 am Contact Jesse: [email protected] | @dougherty_jesse Facebook Twitter Google+ Joe Anlauf swerved out of the way as a car cut in front of him.He and his wife, Karen, had been driving three and a half hours through a snowstorm from Hinsdale, Ill., to Madison, Wis. Now they were in the city and the Madison traffic was swirling around them while the snow came down harder than it had all day.Frankly, it’s a trip Joe thought he might never make — to see his son Brad Anlauf suit up for Michigan basketball for a 5 p.m. tipoff against Wisconsin.But with the snow, traffic and multitude of cars jutting into his lane, this drive is oddly synonymous with Brad’s journey to becoming a sophomore walk-on with the Wolverines.“I was always optimistic but there were times when it seemed like he may not make his way back to basketball,” Joe Anlauf said. “But he loved it and he always kept his eye on it.”AdvertisementThis is placeholder textAfter two and a half years as a wide receiver on the Michigan football team, Brad Anlauf now lives out a lifelong dream as a basketball walk-on with the No. 21 Wolverines. After enrolling at Michigan as a preferred football walk-on, he attended open tryouts this past fall and switched sports before football season’s end. It’s a move Anlauf always hoped for. And although he’s logged just 12 minutes this season, he’s found a role that he can embrace. “I never considered not going to Michigan because there were no spots,” Anlauf said. “I just waited for my opportunity and now that I’m here I’m just trying to push these guys every day.”At Hinsdale Central High School, Anlauf was a football and basketball standout that always wanted to play basketball for the Wolverines.But after Anlauf sent his high school tapes to Michigan head coach John Beilein, Beilein said he wasn’t taking another walk-on. The news was disappointing but it opened a different route. “We had a great group of walk-ons and there just wasn’t any room,” Beilein said.So instead Anlauf went to Michigan as a preferred walk-on as a wide receiver and stayed in touch with Beilein while redshirting as a freshman.Again, Beilein wasn’t taking another walk-on and Anlauf started to settle into his role with the football team. At the start of his sophomore season, he felt he was close to earning some snaps with the progress he was making on the scout team.But then a phone call presented a final chance. “Beilein contacted me and told me there was an open spot,” Anlauf said, “and I just thought it had to be mine.”When the walk-on tryouts for basketball were announced, Anlauf was relieved that they were on an off day for football. Had they not been, he said he would have never gone. Then after making the first cut, callbacks were held at night after football.While his football teammates slowly retreated to the showers, he briskly moved to his locker, changed into basketball clothes and showed up to basketball tryouts already dripping in sweat. It was emotionally and physically trying but it paid off.By the weekend before Michigan football’s game against Michigan State on Nov. 2, he was on the basketball roster.“We felt a great sense of pride when he made it,” Joe Anlauf said. “We knew it was what he wanted and I just knew how happy he was.”Now Michigan sits atop the Big Ten and Anlauf is an integral part of its preparation.Beilein said he is the scout team’s power forward and “does a good job guarding” Nik Stauskas and Glenn Robinson III, who lead Michigan in scoring with 18 and 13.9 points per game, respectively.But when Anlauf isn’t as successful in practice, the basketball team doesn’t mind bringing up his past.In a recent scrimmage Anlauf ran under an outlet pass with no one around him. Then the ball fell through his hands and bounced out of bounds before Beilein blew the whistle and his teammates mockingly asked him what position he played in football.His answer: “I was a wide receiver, but was always a basketball player.” Comments
Inspired by chants of “India, India” resonating in the ExCeL London Exhibition Centre, boxer Jai Bhagwan outclassed his Seychelles’ opponent Andrique Allisop 18-8 in the lightweight(60 kg) category to move into the round of 16 on Sunday.Bhagwan joined compatriot Vijender Singh who late on Saturday night punched his way past Kazhakastan’s Danabek Suzhanov in the 75 kg class.It was almost a no-contest as the Indian dominated the bout with flurry of combination jabs and punches. By the end of the first round itself, Bhagwan was was more or less through, having established a 7-3 lead.It was all over for the Seychelles boxer as Bhagwan thrashed him in the second round with an identical score. The third round was a mere formality and Bhagwan went through the motions to return with a 4-2 score.
Sheffield Utd manager Wilder: Beating relegation not enoughby Freddie Taylor21 days agoSend to a friendShare the loveSheffield United boss Chris Wilder says he will not accept his side simply beating relegation. The Blades have surprised many this season with their courageous attitude, and Wilder says the club are aiming for as a high a finish as possible.Wilder said: “We’ve always raised the bar. We don’t want to just finish fourth from the bottom.”I know the players better than anybody. I know who to push and who not to.”We’re not settling for being ‘okay’. We want to raise the bar and keep pushing individually.”That’s been the theme running through. There’s clarity in that. They know I’m tough with them but they accept it.”We’re in a tough changing room. Some people might need a bit of help at times but we’re tough with the boys too.” About the authorFreddie TaylorShare the loveHave your say
Minister of State in the Ministry of Education, Youth and Information, Hon. Floyd Green, explained that under the arrangement, Family Life Ministries “will seek to do recruitment and training of prospective families, all of whom will be vetted by the Child Protection and Family Services Agency (CPFSA)”. Story Highlights The Government is undertaking a pilot with Family Life Ministries for the establishment of the country’s first privately run foster-care programme.Minister of State in the Ministry of Education, Youth and Information, Hon. Floyd Green, explained that under the arrangement, Family Life Ministries “will seek to do recruitment and training of prospective families, all of whom will be vetted by the Child Protection and Family Services Agency (CPFSA)”.He informed that Family Life Ministries will be providing additional stipends for families who are recruited through the programme “while the children will remain our children and their progress will be tracked through continuous assessment”.The State Minister made the disclosure during his contribution to the 2018/2019 Sectoral Debate in the House of Representatives on May 8, where he announced that the Government has doubled the monthly stipend paid for the care of each foster child from $4,000 to $8,000.He called for more persons to open their homes and foster a child, noting that there are positive outcomes for children who are placed in a family environment.He informed that the CPFSA has identified close to 200 children who are ready to be placed in foster care.Turning to adoption services, Mr. Green informed that up to March of this year, a total of 217 children have been permanently placed with families – 171 locally and 46 overseas.“This is a 26 per cent increase,” he indicated, noting there is a list of qualified persons waiting for children to join their families.“We are committed to reforming the Adoption Act to ensure that unnecessary barriers to the process of adoption are removed,” he said.Meanwhile, he informed that a transition living complex will open in June to accommodate about 40 female wards, who are set to leave State care.The facility, located on Lady Musgrave Road in St. Andrew, was built through partnership with the United States Agency for International Development (USAID).Mr. Green told the House that work is set to start on the refurbishing of a house in Mona, St. Andrew, to serve as a transitional facility for 12 youngsters, while construction will begin in the last quarter of the financial year on another facility to house 40 males in Southfield, St. Elizabeth. He informed that Family Life Ministries will be providing additional stipends for families who are recruited through the programme “while the children will remain our children and their progress will be tracked through continuous assessment”. The Government is undertaking a pilot with Family Life Ministries for the establishment of the country’s first privately run foster-care programme.
THE HAGUE, Netherlands — British Prime Minister Theresa May is launching her fight to save her Brexit deal over breakfast with her Dutch counterpart, the first of a string of meeting with European leaders in coming days.May arrived early Tuesday at Rutte’s official residence in The Hague and was travelling later in the day to Berlin and Brussels.Her whistle-stop tour came on the day that British lawmakers had been scheduled to vote on Brexit.Instead, May went to the House of Commons on Monday and conceded that the divorce deal she struck last month with EU leaders was likely to be rejected “by a significant margin” and postponed the vote.May said she would seek “assurances” from the EU and bring the deal back to Parliament.The Associated Press
DAWSON CREEK, B.C. – The city of Dawson Creek will be hosting the Canadian Women’s National Hockey Camp at the Encana Events Centre.The camp will see the National Women’s team take on the Fort St. John Huskies and the Dawson Creek Junior Canucks in a series of exhibition games.Tickets for the event are on sale and cost $10 per game in advance, or $15 when bought on the day of the game. A family pack is also available for $45 which entitles guests to four general admission tickets, four hot dogs, and four pops. To purchase tickets call 1-877-339-8499, or visit: http://www.tigerboxofficeplus.ca The camp runs from September 10th to September 16th, but games don’t commence until the 13th. The full schedule of games can be found below:September 13th – 7:00 p.m. – Canada Red vs. Canada WhiteSeptember 14th – 4:00 p.m. – Canada White vs. Fort St. John HuskiesSeptember 14th – 7:00 p.m. – Canada Red vs. Dawson Creek Junior CanucksSeptember 15th – 12:00 p.m. – Canada White vs. Dawson Creek Junior CanucksSeptember 15th – 3:00 p.m. – Canada Red vs. Fort St. John HuskiesSeptember 16th – 10:00 a.m. – Canada Red vs Canada White
FORT ST. JOHN, B.C. – The Old Fort Road is now open to traffic. With the Peace River Regional District lifting the evacuation order for the majority of properties, the Ministry announced the semi-permanent road over the slide is complete.“I would like to thank the residents of Old Fort for their patience during this difficult time, and the crews who worked hard to get the road built so swiftly,” said Claire Trevena, Minister of Transportation and Infrastructure. “We know this has been a stressful time for people who had to be evacuated, and I’m happy to hear the road is in place and people are able to return to their homes, now that it is safe to do so.”An automated monitoring system is providing continuous updates on movement in the area, and an operating protocol is in place to respond appropriately. Although the road is open to local traffic, it will remain a construction zone with reduced speed, and load limits as crews continue to make improvements. Traffic control personnel will be on site for the first week to help regulate traffic. Drivers are reminded to obey signage and traffic control at all times and use caution as the road is narrow with curves, steep grades and limited visibility.Drivers are advised of the following:The speed limit will be posted at 30 kilometres per hour, but reduced to 15 kilometres per hour around curves.Vehicle weight restrictions of 50% legal axle loads will remain in place.Single-lane alternating traffic or road closure may be required during extreme weather events or if road conditions deteriorate.Residents are asked to report any signs of slide movement or incidents to the local maintenance contractor, Yellowhead Road and Bridge, which can be reached 24/7 at its emergency line: 1 888 883-6688.
New Delhi: A CBI team is likely to leave for London to assist local authorities in the extradition case of fugitive diamantaire Nirav Modi whose bail plea will come for hearing before a court there on Friday, officials said. A Joint Director-level officer has been deputed to leave for London Wednesday with necessary documents, they said. The 48-year old diamantaire is accused of swindling over 2 billion USD from state-run Punjab National Bank in collusion with his uncle Mehul Choksi. Also Read – India gets first tranche of Swiss bank a/c details He was spotted living in an upscale locality in London by the UK-based newspaper The Telegraph. Nirav Modi was later arrested on the basis of the extradition request of India and a Red Corner notice issued against him on the request of the CBI last year. He was produced before the Westminster Magistrates’ Court last week, wherein he contested his extradition to India. District Judge Marie Mallon denied bail to Modi and remanded him in custody till March 29, saying there was substantial grounds to believe that he would fail to surrender if granted bail. Also Read – Tourists to be allowed in J&K from Thursday UK Home Secretary Sajid Javid had certified India’s extradition request for the fugitive diamantaire earlier this month, triggering the legal process kick-started with the issuance of a warrant. The news of the certification of India’s request came after Modi was tracked down to a three-bedroom flat in the Centre Point tower block of luxury apartments in West End of London. He is believed to have arrived in London last year and was able to travel in and out of Britain at least four times since his passport was cancelled by the Indian authorities in February 2018. Modi was also reportedly living in the heart of the city above his jewellery boutique Nirav Modi on Old Bond Street, which has since closed down. He is now believed to be running a new business which describes itself on the UK’s Companies House register as a wholesale trader and retailer of watches and jewellery in specialised stores.
NEW DELHI: The Supreme Court Thursday directed the Election Commission to decide by May 6 nine complaints of the Congress party alleging MCC violations by Prime Minister Narendra Modi and BJP chief Amit Shah.The poll panel told a bench headed by Chief Justice Ranjan Gogoi that it has already decided on two out of the 11 complaints which were filed by the Congress party against Modi and Shah for alleged violation of the Model Code of Conduct. Senior advocate, Abhishek Manu Singhvi, appearing for Congress Lok Sabha MP Sushmita Dev, who has filed a petition in the apex court on the issue, said that they had given 11 representations to EC against the duo, but it has decided on only two. Also Read – India gets first tranche of Swiss account details under automatic exchange framework”The Election Commission shall decide the remaining representations of the petitioners before we hear the matter again on Monday (May 6),” said the bench also comprising Justices Deepak Gupta and Sanjiv Khanna. The poll panel has given a clean chit to PM Modi for three of his speeches. In her plea, Dev has alleged that “inaction” by EC on complaints against top BJP leaders was “a sign of invidious discrimination” as also “arbitrary, capricious and impermissible” as it was destructive of the integrity of the electoral process. It has been alleged that BJP leaders have been violating MCC during the last four weeks and the EC has not taken any decisions on as many as 40 complaints of Congress party. In a related development, Congress chief Rahul Gandhi’s recent remarks, tagging BJP chief Amit Shah a murder-accused at an election campaign, was not a violation of Model Code of Conduct (MCC), the Election Commission said here on Thursday. See P7